When it comes to Christmas food, there are so many iconic items and flavors, who doesn’t love the excitement of building your own gingerbread house and eat it later on?! To make things a bit easier, make these tasty Gingerbread Pancakes instead! That’s Christmas day breakfast sorted!
Time: 30 min
1 cup plain flour (use wholemeal for a healthier option)
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 cup milk (use almond milk for a dairy free option)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup brown sugar (use coconut sugar or honey or maple syrup for a healthier option)
2 tbsp melted butter (use coconut oil for a dairy free option)
- Sieve flour, baking powder, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, and salt into a large bowl and mix together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, add the milk, vanilla, sugar and butter, mix together.
- Make a well in the flour mixture, add the wet ingredients and mix it together until smooth.
- Heat the pan over medium-low heat, pour 1/3 cup batter into the pan, when the bubbles appear it’s time to flip, cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes, repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with cream (or ice cream? why not!), berries and maple syrup, ENJOY!