What is Rheumatoid Arthritis?
Rheumatoid arthritis(RA) is an autoimmune disease that causes pain and swelling in the joints. This happens because the immune system attacks the lining of the joints causing inflammation and joint damage. RA usually affects the smaller joints, such as those in the hands, feet and wrists, although larger joints such as the hips and knees can also be affected. Doctors still don’t know what causes RA, but it is more common in people who smoke or have a family history of this disease.
Symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis
There are many common symptoms associated with RA, if the symptoms persist, you should visit your GP. If left untreated, RA can cause bone erosion and joint deformity.
Common symptoms include:
- Muscle and joint pain, stiffness, swelling or weakness
- Fatigue or anaemia
- Redness or lumps on your skin
- Servere swelling in hands and/or feet
- Dry mouth or flare
- Bad circulation or sensation of pins and needles
How can Rheumatoid Arthritis be treated?
While there are currently no cure for RA, there are things that can be done to manage this condition. A balanced lifestyle and medication can be used to manage mild cases, for severe conditions, physical therapy and surgery are required.
Common treatments for RA:
- Lifestyle change, have a balanced diet and excerise regularly
- Apply a heating pad on affected area when pain hits
- Take medication: nonsteroidal anti-Inflammatory drug, immunosuppressive drug, anti-Inflammatory and steroid
- Physical therapies
- Medical procedure: arthrocentesis or joint aspiration, arthroplasty and joint replacement
Emu Oil for Rheumatoid Arthritis
Emu oil has powerful anti-inflammatory properties therefore provides substantial relief from arthritis when applied externally and/or taken orally. Emu Oil is a complex oil primarily constituted of essential fatty acids and is a natural source of Omega 3, 6, 7 and 9. Omega 3, 6, 7and 9 are not produced by the human body but are necessary for the maintenance of good health. Emu oil also contains Vitamins A, D, E, F & K2. Compared to prescription drugs which have potential side effects, Emu Oil is the ideal alternative for RA treatment.