Everyone knows how important it is to apply sun screen before any outdoor activities. However, most people don’t realise that it is equally important to hydrate and moisturise your skin after it’s been exposed under the harsh sunlight.
The symptoms of sun damage
If you experience one or more of the following symptoms after being exposed in the sun, it is likely you are suffering from sun damage:
- Sensitive & red cheeks
- Dry & dehydrated body skin
- Peeling and flaky skin
- Frizzy hair
- Dry lips or heels
How to revitalise the damaged skin?
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
First thing first, if your skin already appears to be dehydrated, most likely so is your body, therefore, make sure you drink plenty water.
Gently cleanse your face and body
You would quite often find your skin become dry and sensitive after a trip to the beach, it is because the seaside wind together with the sand act as a natural exfoliation for your skin. Therefore, the last thing you should do is exfoliating your skin which would only irritate your skin and make it more sensitive.
Deeply condition your frizzy hair
Hydrate your lips, face and body
Don’t forget your feet
Your feet work hard on a daily basis, however, they rarely get the attention and care they deserve. People quite often find dry or even cracked skin on the heels.
The essential natural ingredients used in Emu Tracks products
Here is a list of the essential natural ingredients used in Emu Tracks products:
- Calendula: Extracts from the flower and leaves
- Aloe Vera: An emollient containing wound healing and moisturising properties
- Chamomile: Soothing properties
- Emu Oil: A natural moisturiser, high in Omegas 3, 6, 7 & 9, and Vitamins A, D, E, F & K2.
- Rose Hip Oil: Derived from the seeds of rose bush. Rich in Vitamin A & C and essential fatty acids