Everyone knows how important it is to apply sun screen before any outdoor activities. However, most people don’t realise that it is equally important to hydrate and moisturise your skin after it’s been exposed under the harsh sunlight.
The symptoms of sun damage
If you experience one or more of the following symptoms after being exposed in the sun, it is likely you are suffering from sun damage:
- Sensitive & red cheeks
- Dry & dehydrated body skin
- Peeling and flaky skin
- Frizzy hair
- Dry lips or heels
How to revitalise the damaged skin?
Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate
First thing first, if your skin already appears to be dehydrated, most likely so is your body, therefore, make sure you drink plenty water.
Gently cleanse your face and body
You would quite often find your skin become dry and sensitive after a trip to the beach, it is because the seaside wind together with the sand act as a natural exfoliation for your skin. Therefore, the last thing you should do is exfoliating your skin which would only irritate your skin and make it more sensitive.
It’s best to use a natural gentle face/body cleanser such as Emu Tracks Emu Oil Liquid Wash. The exceptionally mild soap-free formula consists of all natural ingredients such as emu oil, lavender oil, shea butter and eucalyptus oil which can soft, smooth and calm your skin. It is also the ideal cleanser for sensitive skin.
Deeply condition your frizzy hair
Your hair is also a subject to sun damage, use Emu Tracks Emu Oil Ultra Mild Shampoo to wash your hair thoroughly but gently, then apply the Ultra Mild Conditioner on your hair and scalp, gently massage it in, leave it for 5-10 minutes before you wash it off. These 2 simple steps can help moisturise your dry scalp and hair, as well as restore the structure of your hair.
Hydrate your lips, face and body
- Lips: Emu Oil Lip Balm
- Face: Emu Oil Moisturiser for her; Skin Care for Him for him
- Body: Sun Surf Ski
Don’t forget your feet
Your feet work hard on a daily basis, however, they rarely get the attention and care they deserve. People quite often find dry or even cracked skin on the heels. An easy solution to this is applying Pure Emu Oil. After a thorough cleanse, towel dry your feet, apply a few drops of Pure Emu Oil on your feet or only the heels, massage gently, make sure all the oil has been absorbed. Pure Emu Oil delivers long-lasting moisture and nutrients deeply into your skin, as well as hydrates and repairs dry and damaged skin.
The essential natural ingredients used in Emu Tracks products
Here is a list of the essential natural ingredients used in Emu Tracks products which are proven to nourish and repair your sun damaged skin:
- Calendula: Extracts from the flower and leaves, calm irritated skin, especially good for sensitive skin
- Aloe Vera: An emollient containing wound healing and moisturising properties
- Chamomile: Soothing properties that are ideal for rough and sensitive skin
- Emu Oil: A potent anti-inflammatory, high in Omegas 3, 6, 7 & 9, and Vitamins A, D, E, F & K2. A deeply penetrating oil and a natural moisturiser
- Rose Hip Oil: Derived from the seeds of rose bush, recognised as one of the most caring ingredients for sun damaged skin and ageing skin. Rich in Vitamin A & C and essential fatty acids, commonly used as a moisturiser and a healing agent